Best Multivitamin for Women 2022
In general, women eating a balanced diet can meet their vitamin and mineral needs from food alone. However, supplementation may be indicated during certain life stages, like pregnancy or post-menopause, and to treat a diagnosed deficiency.
Multivitamins may also benefit those following restrictive diets that limit certain food groups or those with medical conditions causing decreased absorption.
Table of Contents
What Kind of Vitamins Should a Woman Take Daily?
Who Should Take Multivitamins?
a. Older adults
b. People with poor absorption
Who Should Not Take Multivitamins?
a. Those who eat a well-balanced diet
b. Those taking individual supplements
c. Those taking certain medications
How to Choose a Multivitamin for Women
a. Age and life stage
b. Dietary restrictions or allergies
c. Amount of nutrients provided
d. Number of pills
Best Multivitamin for Women In 20s
If You’re in 20s, These are Ingredients Your Multivitamin Should Have…
The recommended daily allowance for women is 1.1 mg of B2, 1.3 mg of B6, 400 mcg of folic acid and 2.4 mcg of B12.
a. Vitamin B
b. Folic Acid
Best Multivitamin for Women in 20s with Iron
1. Centrum Wellness Packs Daily Vitamins for Women in Their 20s
Best women’s multivitamin for 20s
30 packs/1 month supply of Centrum Wellness Packs Daily Vitamins for Women in Their 20s, Women’s Vitamins with Complete Multivitamin, Vitamin C 1000mg, Fish Oil with Omega-3, Turmeric Complex 500mg.
Women’s supplements and vitamins scientifically selected to support overall health and well-being(6) and promote skin, hair, nail and eye health(1)(12) to help power up women 20+(12). Each Wellness Pack is convenient to carry and store.
Centrum Wellness Pack for Woman 20+ Reviews
2. One A Day Women’s Multivitamin
One a day women’s multivitamin is a complete multivitamin specially designed for the leading concerns of women like bone health. It is also formulated to support: bone health, immune health, skin health, heart health, and physical energy by helping convert food to fuel.
– Contains key nutrients like vitamins A, B6, C, D, E, and K, riboflavin, thiamin, niacin, iron
– Free of gluten, wheat, dairy, artificial flavors, and artificial sweeteners
– Adult women should take one tablet daily with food
One A Day Women’s Multivitamin Reviews
3. Optimum Nutrition Opti-Women
Best multivitamin for active women
Female Specific Multivitamin: Advanced formula to help support the overall health and active lifestyle of women
– 23 Vitamins and Essential Minerals helps provide the body with key nutrients
– 17 Specialty Ingredients: aids in creating a comprehensive and multifaceted multivitamin for the active woman
– 600mcg Folic Acid; 18MG Iron
– Vcaps used are Vegetarian Society Approved
Optimum Nutrition Opti- Women Reviews
Best Multivitamin for Women Over 30s
If You’re in 30s, These are Ingredients Your Multivitamin Should Have…
a. Iron and Folic Acid
Folate and iron are required for effective erythropoiesis. Once you turn 30, your multivitamin still needs to contain iron and folic acid that may be useful for anemia control and prevention.
Moreover, the World Health Organization (WHO) has recommended daily oral iron and folic acid supplementation as part of antenatal care, in order to reduce the risks of low birth weight, maternal anemia, and iron deficiency. (Source)
b. Calcium and Vitamin D
These vitamins are needed to maintain bone health as the risk of osteoporosis increases as women age.
c. Vitamin C
When the skin is exposed to UV light, reactive oxygen species such as the superoxide ion, peroxide and singlet oxygen are generated. Vitamin C protects the skin from oxidative stress by sequentially donating electrons to neutralize the free radicals. (Source)
Moreover, Vitamin C is essential for collagen biosynthesis. Collagen can improve skin elasticity, reduce visible wrinkles, and increase blood flow to the skin.
Best Multivitamin for Women in 30s
4. Nature Made Women’s Multivitamin Tablets
Best multivitamin for women over 30
Excellent source of essential immune support nutrients. This multivitamin contains Vitamin C, Vitamin D3 and Vitamin A which are key nutrients that provide immune support. This multivitamin also contains Vitamin E for antioxidant support. It is also formulated with calcium, folic acid, iron, and vitamin D for a total of 23 key nutrients for daily nutritional support.
– No color added, no artificial flavors, gluten free.
– Adults, take 1 tablet daily with water and a meal.
Nature Made Multi for Her Reviews
5. OLLY Women’s Multivitamin Gummy (No Iron)
Best multivitamin for women gummies
This multi-tasking multivitamin for women contains B Vitamins to support energy production, Vitamins A, C, and E to help fight free radicals and support healthy skin and Vitamin D and Calcium to maintain strong bones*
– These chewable daily vitamins come in naturally flavored Blissful Berry with no artificial colors or flavors and are gluten free.
– Chew two gummies daily, no food or water needed
OLLY Women’s Multivitamin Gummy Reviews
6. Nature Made Prenatal Multivitamin with 200 mg DHA
Best women’s prenatal multivitamin
This Nature Made Prenatal Multi plus DHA contains Folic Acid and 19 other nutrients to supports the development of a baby’s brain health, bones, eye health, and nervous system.
– United States Pharmacopeia (USP) Verified
– Made in USA with quality global ingredients, this Nature Made multivitamin supplement for women is gluten free and contains no artificial flavors
– Adults take one of these prenatal softgel dietary supplements daily with water and a meal
Nature Made Prenatal Multivitamin Reviews
7. Nature Made Postnatal Multivitamin + DHA 200 mg
Best postnatal multivitamins
This postnatal multivitamin is formulated with essential vitamins and minerals to provide nutritional support for mom and baby during breastfeeding. It contains higher amounts of vitamins A, C, D and E compared to our Prenatal Multi + DHA to meet increased demands during this unique period of life.
– No artificial flavors or sweeteners. Gluten free.
– Adults take 1 softgel daily with water and a meal. Each serving (1 softgel) provides postnatal Vitamins A, C, D3, E, K, plus all 8 B vitamins. Also includes DHA, Iron, Calcium, Iodine, Magnesium, and Zinc.
Nature Postnatal MutiVitamin Reviews
Best Multivitamin for Women Over 40s
If You’re in 40s, These are Ingredients Your Multivitamin Should Have…
a. Calcium and Vitamin D
Between the ages of 45 and 55, the menopausal transition usually begins. The length of time it takes can be determined by lifestyle factors such as smoking, the age at which it begins, and race and ethnicity.
Premenopausal women should get 1000 mg of calcium per day, whereas postmenopausal women should get 1200 mg (total diet plus supplement). Due to the danger of negative effects, you should not eat more than 2000 mg of calcium per day (total diet plus supplement).
b. Omega 3
Many women suffer from depressive symptoms during menopause and perimenopause. According to new research, omega-3 fatty acids reduce psychological distress and depression symptoms in menopausal and perimenopausal women. The study presents the first evidence that omega-3 supplementation can help with common menopause-related mental health issues. (Source)
Moreover, a study found that higher consumption of fish and omega-3 fatty acids among women is associated with a lower risk of Coronary Heart Disease (CHD), particularly CHD deaths.
Magnesium is a mineral that plays a role in a number of vital biological functions. It is involved in muscle and neuron function, blood pressure and blood sugar regulation, and even bone and DNA formation.
Magnesium may help you sleep better. It aids in the activation of mechanisms that quiet and relax you, and it plays a key part in your nervous system. It may also aid in the relief of anxiety and depression, both of which can disrupt sleep. The only research that shows these vitamins help people sleep better has been done on older adults.
8. Centrum Wellness Packs Daily Vitamins for Women in Their 40s
Scientifically Selected supplements for women that promote bones and skin health and provides immune support(5)(12) to help power up women 40+. each Wellness pack is convenient to carry and store.
– Complete Multivitamin and skin supplement to support healthy hair skin and nails
– Includes calcium carbonate and Vitamin D bone health Supplements to help maintain strong, healthy bones
– Supplements for women include collagen I and III, which supports the vital building blocks of hair, skin and nails
– Pack contains MSM 1000mg, an organic element naturally present in the connective tissue and cartilage
Centrum Wellness Packs For Women 40+ Reviews
9. New Chapter Women’s Multivitamin 40+
Women’s 40 plus multivitamin fermented with Whole Foods & Probiotics for better absorption, so your body can recognize it as food. This supplement formulated for your needs including energy, stress, hormone, immune, and bone support.
– Clean, whole-food fermented multivitamin delivers Superfoods like Ginger, organic Turmeric & Fenugreek
– Certified Organic Vegetables & Herbs, Non-GMO Project Verified, Vegetarian, Certified Kosher, Certified Gluten Free, No Synthetic Fillers, No Animal Gelatin (added to some gummy vitamins), Packaging may vary
New Chapter Women’s Multivitamin Over 40 Reviews
10. Garden of Life mykind Organics Vitamins for Women 40 Plus
Specially formulated multivitamin for women made from nutritious and organic whole foods. Mykind’s vegan women’s multivitamin includes vegan D3, Organic Black Cohosh, Tomato and Turmeric for hormone and breast support, and iodine and selenium for thyroid support. Moreover, our vegan multivitamin has 16 vitamins and minerals at 100 percent DV or higher.
– Vegan, gluten free, non GMO verified whole food multivitamin with NO synthetic binders or fillers
– Include Methycobalamin to keep your energy and metabolism up with 1000 percent Daily Value of Vitamin B12
Garden of Life mykind Organics Vitamins for Women 40 Plus Reviews
Best Multivitamin for Women Over 50s
If You’re in 50s, These are Ingredients Your Multivitamin Should Have…
What Kind of Vitamins Should a 50 Year Old Woman Take?
a. Calcium and Vitamin D
b. Vitamin B12
c. What to Leave Out – Iron
11. NATURELO One Daily Multivitamin for Women 50+ (Without Iron)
Packed with 23 essential vitamins and minerals to boost your natural energy and vitality and support your heart, brain, eye, and immune health. All in just one daily multivitamin for women.
– Featuring premium plant-based vitamins and minerals including as Vitamin D3 from lichen, Vitamin E from sunflower, plant Calcium and Magnesium from marine algae, and Iodine from kelp.
– Includes activated B complex and chelated minerals like Zinc and Selenium, for better absorption and bioavailability.
– No preservatives, gelatin, coloring or flavoring. Proudly made at a GMP compliant facility. Vegan, Non-GMO, and Soy Free and Gluten Free.
Naturelo One Daily Multivitamin 50 + Reviews
12. One A Day Women’s 50+ Multivitamins (Without Iron)
1 A Day Women’s 50 plus Healthy Advantage Multivitamin offers a wide variety of key nutrients in an easy to take, daily tablet. Formulated to support: Bone health, joint health, heart health, eye health, immune health, and physical energy by helping convert food to fuel.
– Free of gluten, wheat, soy allergens, dairy, and artificial sweeteners.
– Free of high fructose corn syrup
One A Day Women’s Multivitamin 50+ Reviews
13. Centrum Silver Women’s Multivitamin for Women 50 Plus (With Iron)
One 200 count bottle of Centrum Silver Women’s Multivitamin specially formulated for Women 50 Plus, Multivitamin/Multimineral Supplement with Vitamin D3, B Vitamins, Calcium and Antioxidant Vitamins C, E, and Beta-Carotene, and Zinc.
– Help support immune health, bone health and muscle function with vitamin D
– Multivitamins that are Non-GMO and gluten free
– Senior multivitamins for women that come in easy-to-swallow tablets
Centrum Silver Women’s Multivitamin for Women 50+ Reviews
I stated using these after my mother took part in a study to find our if they made a difference in her eyesight. She could have lost her eyesight because she had problems–she didn’t live long enough to finish the study–but Centrum did.
They will help with almost anything having to do with your eyes. I have glaucoma and it hasn’t gotten any worse because I take these daily!
Best Multivitamin for Women Over 60s
If You’re in 60s, These are Ingredients Your Multivitamin Should Have…
a. Calcium and Vitamin D
b. Vitamin B
Older adults are more susceptible to vitamin B-12 deficiency. And a low vitamin B12 level may be related to accelerated aging of the brain, but confirming this finding requires further research.
A study also shown that low folate (B9) and B12 serum levels seem to be associated with depression in the aged. The gender-specific analyses are confined to a positive association of low B12 with depression among older women and call for further research in this direction.
Moreover, a study involving older Latino adults suggest that higher B-6 levels were linked to decreased depression symptoms.
c. Omega 3
Age-related hearing loss becomes more common, primarily as a result of degenerative changes in the ear canal, eardrum and other structures of the ear. About 45 percent of 60-somethings experience some degree of hearing loss, rising to 68 percent among 70-somethings. After age 60, the ability to hear high-frequency tones also diminishes.
Another study shown that regular fish consumption and higher intake of long-chain omega-3 PUFAs are associated with lower risk of hearing loss in women.
d. Coenzyme Q10
Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is an antioxidant that your body naturally produces. CoQ10 is used by your cells for both growth and maintenance.
As you get older, your body’s CoQ10 levels decrease. CoQ10 levels have also been found to be lower in people suffering from certain conditions, such as heart disease, and in those who taking cholesterol-lowering drugs known as statins.
CoQ10 has been shown to improve symptoms of congestive heart failure. Although findings are mixed, CoQ10 might help reduce blood pressure. Some research also suggests that when combined with other nutrients, CoQ10 might aid recovery in people who’ve had bypass and heart valve surgeries. (Source)
CoQ10 is considered safe, with few side effects. However, best to take this supplement under your doctor’s supervision.
e. Vitamin C
Vitamin C levels have been shown to decrease in the elderly population as well as those exhibiting chronic underlying conditions (e.g. diabetes, hypertension). There are also a report about a strong inverse correlation with blood ascorbic acid levels and all-cause mortality, including cardiovascular disease. (Source)
14. Centrum Wellness Packs Daily Multivitamin for Women in Their 60s (With Iron)
Best women’s multivitamin with iron for woman 60+
Women’s supplements and vitamins scientifically Selected by the experts at Centrum to support heart health), strong bones and mobility. Each Wellness pack is convenient to carry and store.
– Support muscle health and nerve function by providing Vitamin D, Vitamin B6 and magnesium supplement
– Calcium carbonate 600 mg with Vitamin D3 to promote strong, healthy bones
– Contains MSM 1000mg supplement, an organic element that is naturally present in connective tissue and cartilage
Centrum Wellness Packs Multivitamin for Women 60s Reviews
15. New Chapter Every Woman’s One Daily 55+ with Fermented Probiotics (Without Iron)
Best women’s multivitamin without iron for woman 60+
This one-daily tablet is packed with vitamins, minerals and superfood botanical blends to maintain your daily wellness and vitality. Nourishes women 50 and over with immune, heart, energy, eye, bone, brain, hormone and digestion support.
– Women’s multivitamin is fermented with probiotics and whole foods–gentle enough to take anytime, even on an empty stomach.
– Made with Certified Organic Vegetables and Herbs, Non-GMO Project Verified, 100% Vegetarian, Certified Kosher, Iron Free, Certified Gluten Free, Sugar Free, No Synthetic Fillers, No Animal Gelatin