Best Melatonin Gummies for Kids 2022
Melatonin is a naturally occurring hormone that sends a message to our brain that the day is done and it’s time for sleep. Melatonin is an important component of a healthy sleep pattern.
In children, melatonin is typically used to treat difficulties with going to sleep or staying asleep. It may be beneficial to children who are developing normally as well as those who have ADHD, autism, other developmental disorders, or visual impairment.
Before melatonin is regarded as a treatment option for most children with sleep disorders, a specific cause must be identified and treated. For example, a child suffering from anxiety may be unable to sleep. Best to ask for doctor’s permission before giving this supplement to your kid.
Is melatonin safe for children?
There are limited research of melatonin use in children. Based on this limited research, melatonin appears to be safe for children. Researchers studied a small group of children who took melatonin every day for 3.7 years. The supplement showed no negative side effects on the children, according to the researchers.
How much melatonin is safe for kids?
In children, it’s most often been used in doses up to 3 mg by mouth daily for up to 3 months.
However, best to start with the lowest dosage. Many children will respond to a low dose (0.5 mg or 1 mg) when taken 30 to 90 minutes before bedtime. Even children with ADHD who benefit from melatonin don’t require more than 3 to 6 mg of melatonin.
Always with your pediatrician about the correct melatonin dosage and time. Remember that melatonin isn’t a replacement for a proper bedtime routine.
Melatonin Gummies for Kids
1. Zarbee's Naturals Children's Sleep with Melatonin Gummies
Let Zarbee’s Naturals remedy your child’s occasional sleeplessness with a chewable gummy in a yummy natural berry flavor; Our formula contains melatonin, a drug free and safe ingredient. These gummies promote restful sleep in children age 3 and up; They feature a natural berry flavor from real fruit extracts.
– Helps remedy occasional sleeplessness in children*
– Pediatrician recommended for children 3+ years
– Non-habit-forming; No alcohol, artificial flavors, colors, or gluten
– Each gummy contains 1 milligram of melatonin
Zarbee Naturals Melatonin Gummies for Kids Reviews:
2. Olly Kids Sleep Gummies Supplement with Melatonin
Kiddos thrive on routine, so troublesome bedtimes can be a real setback. This mild blend of melatonin and botanicals is just the thing for those occasional restless nights. 0.5 mg melatonin per gummy, a naturally occurring hormone to promote the sound sleep.*
– Kids four and up start with one gummy and give up to two 30 minutes before bedtime
– Razzberry flavor
Olly Kids Melatonin Gummies for Kids Reviews:
3. Mel-O-Licious Melatonin Gummies for Kids – 1mg
Maxi Health Melatonin Gummies Is Non-Addictive; It Is Recommended by Pediatricians As A Safe Supplement To Reduce Restlessness, Jet-lag, Nighttime Anxiety and Insomnia. Help Adults and Kids of All Ages Establish Proper Sleeping Patterns, Fall Asleep Faster, Stay Asleep Longer, And Wake Up Feeling Refreshed
– 100% Drug-Free; They Are In An GMP Certified Facility
– Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Certified Kosher, and Contain No Artificial Flavors, Colorings Or Preservatives.
Mel O Licious Melatonin Gummies for Kids Reviews:
4. Natrol Kids Sleep+ Immune Health Aid Gummies with Melatonin, Zinc, Vitamin C and D, Elderberry
Get vital sleep that’s essential for a kids; healthy immune system+. Melatonin helps your kids sleep better+. Immune health support blend: Immunity blend that includes Melatonin, Elderberry, Vitamin C & D, and Zinc. Elderberry Extract is known for its antioxidants benefits+.
– Natrol’s vegetarian Gummies have no artificial flavors, sweeteners or preservatives. No synthetic dyes
– For children ages 4 and up, take 1 or 2 gummies 30 minutes before bedtime.
Natrol Kids Gummies for Kids Reviews:
5. Kids Sleep Support Gummies Natural Melatonin Gummy for Children
Kids Melatonin Gummies Supplement with 1mg of Melatonin per gummy; Take 1-3 gummies, based on kids age, 30 minutes before bedtime. Safe and effective for children 4+ in age, Non-habit forming, naturally and gently supports sleep.
– Best Vegan Non Habit Forming Stress Support Chews for Toddlers, Kids and Teens
– Crafted in a cGMP- certified facility and 3rd party tested.
– Ingredients: Sodium (as Sodium Citrate), Melatonin Other Ingredients: Glucose Syrup, Sugar, Glucose, Pectin, Citric Acid, Natural Strawberry Flavor, Vegetable Oil (contains Carnauba Wax), Purple Carrot Juice Concentrate.
Nature’s Choice Melatonin Gummies for Kids Reviews:
6. Vicks Pure Zzzs Kidz, Melatonin Sleep Aid Gummies for Kids and Children
PURE Zzzs Kidz gummies helps your child fall asleep and works naturally with your child’s body to support sleep (Packaging May Vary). Specially designed for children with a low-dose of melatonin (0.5 mg) to support your child’s natural sleep cycle
– Uniquely formulated with a blend of botanical essential oils including lavender and chamomile
– Contain no artificial flavors, are drug free, gluten free, lactose free, and gelatin free
Vicks Pure Zzzzs Melatonin Gummies for Kids Reviews:
7. Nature Made Kids First Sleep, Melatonin 1 mg Gummies for Kids
These delicious gummies provide Melatonin 1 mg to help ease the bedtime transition for kids by helping them fall asleep faster.Sleep is crucial for a child’s growth, health, and development. Melatonin is a naturally occurring hormone that acts as a sleep aid in the body and helps reset the body every day.
– Comes in strawberry with other natural fruit flavors. No artificial flavors. No synthetic dyes – color from natural source. No high fructose corn syrup. No artificial sweeteners. Gluten free. Vegetarian.
– Ingredients: Melatonin, Organic Tapioca Syrup, Raw Cane Sugar, Water, Pectin, Citric Acid, Natural Flavor, Sodium Citrate, Color Added, Coconut Oil, Carnauba Wax.
Nature Made Kids First Sleep Melatonin Gummies Reviews:
8. Melatonin Gummies for Kids and Adults 1mg
Our Melatonin Gummies help adults and kids of all ages establish proper sleeping patterns, fall asleep faster, sleep longer, and wake up feeling refreshed. It is formulated as a quick-acting gummy with 1mg of melatonin.
– Yummy, low-sugar, chewable melatonin jelly with a natural strawberry flavor
– Professionally developed, drug-free, safe, non-habit-forming supplement formula of our sleep gummies contains no artificial colors, sweeteners, flavors, gelatin, or gluten
Melatonin Gummies for Kids Reviews:
Put melatonin rich foods in your diet is one of the answer on how to increase melatonin naturally, so here are some foods that high in melatonin:
– Tart Cherries
– Goji Berries
Melatonin levels decrease throughout time and may be linked to decreased sleep effectiveness, which is frequently connected with aging, as well as to deterioration of many circadian rhythms.
Moreover, melatonin production is affected by stress, smoking, exposure to too much light at night (especially blue light), and not obtaining enough natural light during the day.
Too much melatonin might have the reverse impact of what it’s supposed to do. Because your natural circadian cycles will be interrupted, it may make sleeping more difficult.
An overdose can also make you drowsy and sleepy throughout the day, as well as cause you nightmares or unusually vivid dreams at night. You can also have the following experiences:
– dizziness / headaches
– irritability or anxiety
– joint pain