literally the most amazing pump I’ve ever used!!
Best Electric Breast Pumps 2022
Electric breast pumps are powered by a power outlet or a battery. They are available in single and double breast expressing models. The suction is created for you by placing the cup over your breast, freeing one hand for other duties – or just to relax.
Advantages of electric breast pump
1. Powerful – A decent electric breast pump will deliver hospital-grade suction, allowing you to pump more milk in less time.
2. Fast and effective– With an electric pump, the majority of pumping mothers will soon figure out the ideal mode and speed for expressing and will be able to express the amount they need quickly and effectively.
3. Supply boosting – Mums who need a little extra help establishing or increasing their milk supply may frequently utilize an electric pump to provide extra stimulation and improve milk production.
How do I choose an electric breast pump?
1. Weight – When you’re on the go, a portable, light-weight pump will make things a lot easier.
2. Volume – Some electric pumps are extremely loud. Look for a model that is quiet to operate. It’ll make pumping sessions at night or in the workplace a lot easier.
3. Feature – Look for hospital-grade suction with expression and massage modes for the most efficient pumping experience.
4. Battery – Some pumps will only work when plugged into a power outlet, while others will have a battery pack built-in or as a separate attachment that might be useful for pumping when you’re not near a power outlet.
5. Cost – Electric breast pumps can vary widely in cost. Before you go shopping, create a budget and double-check what’s included with your pump.
Best Electric Breast Pumps
Best double electric breast pump
Best single electric breast pump
1. Phanpy Professional High Performance Portable Hands Free Double Electric Breast Pump
Phanpy Hands Free Double Electric Breast Pump Price: $34.99
Best cheap electric breast pump
Phanpy Professional Electric Breast Pump is designed for regular use for moms who pump several times a day. Phanpy Professional Breast Pump with rechargeable 2400 mAh battery, once full charged can be used 3 hours, High-quality breast pumping even when not at home
– New Traction Mode: 3 levels, Nipple Correct Function, improve the flat or inverted nipple problems of breastfeeding mothers.
– The New Cup: New Cup replaced of Traditional Bottle, wearable and hands free.
Phanpy wearable electric breast pumps Review
2. Medela Electric Breast Pump
Medela electric breast pump price: $229.00
New MaxFlow technology inspired by medela symphony hospital grade multi-user breast pump – in a highly effective yet easy to use closed system pump. Ultra-efficient with few parts to clean and assemble; advanced motor generates vacuum with Max flow micro-vibrations for effective breast milk expression
– Increase milk volume
– Combined speed and vacuum settings are preprogrammed based on Medela extensive researc
Electric breast pump medela Review
3. Spectra - S1 Plus Electric Breast Milk Pump for Baby Feeding
Spectra electric breast pump price: $199.98
S1 spectra breast pump features technology that allows comfortable suction levels that mimic the experience of natural breastfeeding as closely as possible. It is is portable and rechargeable, making it ideal for an on-the-go mom, with the back compartment that fits a Spectra bottle
– Single or Double Pumping: Can be used as a single electric breast pump or a double electric breast pump and for best results, authentic Spectra Baby accessories are recommended
– Ultra quiet motor
– Spectra backflow protector creates a complete physical barrier between your milk and the pump motor, ensuring that your milk is protected
Electric breast pump spectra Review
4. Motif Luna Double Electric Breast Pump, with Battery Powered Option
Motif breast pump – double electric price: $229.00
It features a lot of additional features like the Expression Mode that works to express milk from the breast as efficiently as possible, Massage Mode that helps stimulate let-down by mimicking a baby’s nursing pattern, and an Auto Shut-Off that turns the pump off after 30 minutes of use. The Luna only requires simple setup and easy customization options so you can quickly find what works great for you and your baby.
– Lightweight 2-pound design is built compact for easy mobility
– Easily adjust suction level
Motif luna double electric breast pump Review
5. YIHUNION Portable Single Electric Breast Pump
Yihunion single electric breast pump portable price: $45.99
Integrated electric breast pump can be operated with one hand, small and exquisite, easy to carry out and not occupying a place. Mom can take it anywhere without the restriction of the wire. Also, with split straw, Moms can use it as a split electric breast pump at home for more comfort.
– Adjustable Massage and Pumping Level
– The anti-backflow design provides a hygienic closed system to prevent breastmilk from backing up to the pump
– Quiet and Easy to Assemble
– With 900mAh rechargeable lithium battery built-in
Yihunion single electric breast pump Review
6. Phanpy Electric Wearable Breast Pump Hands Free
Phanpy Electric Wearable Breast Pump Hands Free price: $45.99
Best hands free electric breast pump
Phanpy wearable breast pump with 2 modes & 5 levels. Massage first and then pump, imitating the baby’s feeding mode to optimize milk production. Ensure that each mother produces more milk in a shorter time, and give moms more choices and comfort.
– Food-grade Silicone
– Low Noise
– Phanpy Wearable Breast Pump can be used for both side,buy two if you want double breast pump.
Phanpy wearable breast pump review:
Best wearable electric breast pump
7. PiAEK Single Powered Breast Pump
PiAEK Single Powered Breast Pump price: $31.99
The 100% closed system electric breast pumps create a barrier between breast milk and the tube. This will prevent the milk from getting stuck in the tube where mold, bacteria and viruses can grow. In addition, our breast pump is made of BPA-FREE silicone, from material to technology, ensures safe breastfeeding for your babies.
– 3 Adjustable Massage Modes & 9 Levels Pumping
– USB Rechargeable Battery Portable Breast Pump
– Quiet Pump&High Efficiency
PiAEK Single Powered Breast Pump Review:
A hospital-grade breast pump is often a multi-user equipment rented to one mother at a time and is designed with special customization in order to maximize breast milk expression. Strong suction and unique expression technology are common features of hospital-grade breast pumps, making it easier for moms and babies with certain medical conditions to feed with breast milk. However, FDA does not certify breast pumps as “hospital grade,” so best to consult first with doctor before renting, and always pick hospital-grade breast pump from an authorized supplier. One of the hospital-grade breast pump that popular is Medela Symphony Breast Pump.
This kind of breast pump may be the best breast pump for low supply milk, especially for mom or baby with certain medical condition. Still, best to talk to your doctor for deciding the best solution.
Most health insurance policies are required by the Affordable Care Act to cover breastfeeding services and supplies. But still, approval vary depending on each mom’s insurance plan.
Pumping and nursing, especially if you have breastfed for at least a year, may reduce your risk of breast cancer. Pumping, on the other hand, can cause a breast damage if done incorrectly, which roughly 15% of breastfeeders have experienced. (Source)
Overpumping has the potential to cause injuries. People ramp up pumps in the hopes of getting more output, but they end up causing damage by pumping too hard when it hurts. To avoid harm, make sure you have the right flange size or shape.
Moreover, pumping does not cause sagging or drooping in the breasts in the long run.
Pumping does not cause sagging or drooping in the breasts over time, it is just a result of hormonal changes as you age. (Source)
Yes. If your baby is eating more frequently, your body automatically increases your milk supply to meet the requirement.
Similar results can be obtained by using high-intensity pumping. The goal is to pump more frequently over a specified period of time each day so that your body can naturally boost its milk supply.