10 BEST VITAMIN D3 SUPPLEMENTS 2022
Here are the best vitamin D3 supplements that you can buy today.
1. Nordic Naturals Vitamin D3 Gummies, Wild Berry
2. Carlyle Chewable Vitamin D3
– 180 Count
3. Vega Sport Pro Vitamin D
4. Carlson Super Daily Vitamin D3 Drops
A friend with similar issues recommended this to me, I talked it over with my doctor and he suggested I use it by placing one drop in the daily bottle of ensure I was drinking to help make up for the fact that I couldn’t take prenatals. I did as the doctor suggested, placed one drop in the ensure, shook and drank it as usual.
5. Dr. Mercola Liposomal Vitamin D3
- Unlike many other vitamin D supplements that are often the inferior D2 form, ergocalciferol, our Liposomal Vitamin D3 is the preferred form – vitamin D3, cholecalciferol.
- Our formula contains phospholipids from sunflower lecithin that create liposomes in your gastrointestinal tract to help the vitamin D3 molecules gain entry across your gut membrane to its target organs and cells.*
- They are packed in tightly sealed Licaps® hard-shelled capsules rather than oxygen-permeable soft gels to help avoid leakage and to maintain freshness.
6. Now Foods Vitamin D3 & K2 (120 Veg Caps)
- Also has 3 mg of vitamin C per veg capsule
- Supports Bone Health
- Plus Cardiovascular Support
- Family Owned Since 1968
- GMP Quality Assured
7. Vitamin D by Nature’s Bounty for Immune Support
350-count, 2,000 IU Vitamin D3 Softgels for immune health. This vitamin may assist the immune system by helping to regulate T and B-lymphocytes. Vitamin D3 is a more potent form of Vitamin D.
Strong, healthy bones:
In addition to immune support, getting a sufficient amount of Vitamin D is critical to building and maintaining strong bones in adults. It is essential for calcium absorption to help support healthy bones.
Vitamin D3 supplements by Nature’s Bounty contain the same form of Vitamin D that is naturally formed in the body through exposure to sunshine. Nature’s Bounty Vitamin D3 helps replicate the benefits of natural sunshine all year long.
Purity is our priority:
Nature’s Bounty is committed to safety and purity in all our supplements. Our rapid release Vitamin D3 Softgels are non-GMO, gluten- and sugar-free, and contain no artificial colors, or sweeteners.
From the trusted wellness experts:
Nature’s Bounty Vitamin D supplements are a product of 50 years of dedication to quality, consistency and scientific research to make vitamins and nutritional supplements of unrivaled excellence.
Vitamin D by Nature’s Bounty also come in various other dosages:
8. NOW Foods Chewable Vitamin D3 5,000 IU - Best Chewable
Dosage: 1 chewable tablet contains 5,000 IU of D3
Price: From $13.68
Some people prefer chewable vitamins over capsules, liquids, gummies, and pills. Yet, most chewables contain added sugar.
Unlike other chewable vitamin D supplements, NOW’s Chewable Vitamin D3 5,000 IU is sweetened with xylitol and sorbitol — two sugar alcohols — and natural vanilla and peppermint flavors, making it an excellent choice.
Note that sugar alcohols can cause digestive problems, such as stomach upset and diarrhea, especially when consumed in large amounts.
Moreover, this supplement is held together with cellulose, making it less absorbable than oil-based capsules.
9. Vitamin K2 + D3 with Organic Virgin Coconut Oil | Vegan D3 (5000iu) with MK7 Vitamin K2 (100mcg) from Chickpea | Non-GMO & Vegan Certified (60 Veggie Softgels)
- Contains 5000 IU (125mcg) of Vegan Vitamin D3 & 100 mcg of Vitamin K2 as MK-7
- Made with Vitashine D3 – a patent, plant based form of Vitamin D3 from Lichen and MenaQ7 – a patent form of MK7 from Chickpea
- 100% Plant based – Vegan Certified & Non-Gmo Verified. Soy, Gluten, Gelatin & Carrageenan free
- Formulated with Organic Coconut Oil – Note: Capsules may appear ‘cloudy’ due to the Coconut Oil
10. Vitamin K2 (MK7) with D3 Supplement - Bronson
The Perfect Pair:
Vitamins K2 & D3 were simply meant to be together. Most people know the benefits of Vitamin D, but many don’t realize that Vitamin D NEEDS Vitamin K2 to maximize it’s benefits.
Strong Bones & Healthy Heart:
This formula not only promotes the proper absorption of calcium with D3, but the correct distribution to your bones where you need it most.
Superior Quality Vegetarian Capsules:
Laboratory tested, NON-GMO, GLUTEN FREE, & SOY FREE. All Bronson products are tested in our state-of-the-art facility in New York.
Trusted Since 1960:
The pioneers of Bronson Vitamins were a group of pharmacists who witnessed the benefits of vitamins and mineral supplementation firsthand with their patients. Bronson Vitamins have been consistently mentioned by top medical professionals since our inception in 1960.
5000 IU Vitamin D3 & 90 mcg MK-7 Vitamin K2, 250 Capsules
Frequently Asked Questions About Vitamin D
Two main dietary forms exist (Trusted Source):
- Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3). Found in some animal foods, like fatty fish and egg yolks.
- Ergocalciferol (Vitamin D2). Found in some plants, mushrooms, and yeasts.
|Cod liver oil, 1 tablespoon (15 ml)||1,360 IU / 34 mcg||227%|
|Salmon, cooked, 3 ounces (85 grams)||447 IU / 11 mcg||75%|
|Tuna, canned in water, 3 ounces (85 grams)||154 IU / 4 mcg||26%|
|Beef liver, cooked, 3 ounces (85 grams)||42 IU / 1 mcg||7%|
|1 large whole egg (D is found in yolk)||41 IU / 1 mcg||7%|
|1 sardine, canned in oil, drained||23 IU / 0.6 mcg||4%|
What does this mean?
Although fatty fish like salmon, mackerel, swordfish, trout, tuna, and sardines are decent sources, you would have to eat them almost every day to get enough.
The only excellent dietary source of vitamin D is fish liver oil — such as cod liver oil — which contains upwards of two times the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) in a single tablespoon (15 ml).
Keep in mind that dairy products and cereals are often fortified with vitamin D (Trusted Source).
Some rare mushrooms also harbor vitamin D, and egg yolks contain small amounts.